Full Time and Part Time Education Counselor and Academic Coach Positions
Middle School and High School Certified
Calvert Education Services (CES) is hiring highly qualified full-time and part-time (contract) counselors and coaches for its inaugural high school. CES is looking for educators who are student-focused, possess deep content knowledge, with a strong commitment to high-level learning and student engagement. Previous teaching experience in a virtual setting, multiple subject area certifications, and/or guidance counselor background is preferred. Great emphasis is placed on expectations for student success, which includes ongoing professional development, thought leadership, data analysis, and evaluation.
Full and part time Education Counselors and Academic Coaches are responsible for supporting on-line students from enrollment through successful completion of a self- paced and/or on a multi-track school year calendar schedule.
• Explore and employ the use of a variety of instructional techniques and media tools in supporting the delivery of content, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
• Strive to implement, by instruction and action, Calvert’s philosophy of education.
• Attend and participate in meetings and webinars involving the faculty and relevant educational topics pertaining to professional educators and learning in a digital environment.
• Collaborate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
• Collaborate in the selection of digital curriculum, online tools, and other instructional materials.
• Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
• Establish and maintain positive teamwork and collaboration with various levels of teams supporting both content needs and student educational needs.
• Become a thought leader within the organization and outside in the global k-12 educational community, especially in the areas of student engagement and college readiness.
• Participate in pilots, programs, and opportunities which explore growth opportunities and learning experiences for Calvert Education Services.
• Feel comfortable to be creative, think outside the box, try teaching and learning online from a different perspective and point of view.
• Attend Academy Professional Development for teachers beginning during the week of June and/or first week of July.
• Advise and assist parents with the enrollment process to include, but not limited to: Enrollment, Placement exams, Orientation course, Course selection and scheduling
• Hold monthly webinars to encourage student organizational success and future planning.
• Evaluate student progress on a regular basis, and communicate that pace and grade progress with parents on a monthly basis.
• Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, academy policy, and administrative regulations.
• Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• First-hand use of technology tools beyond those mentioned above for the purpose of online teaching and learning.
• Experience in a customer-centric environment.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Able to pass background check requirements.
• Permanent state teaching certificate.
• Three (3) or more years of teaching experience
• Master’s degree in Guidance/Counseling
• Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
From your preferred email account, submit the information below to:
The Subject Line of the email should read: Full Time or Part Time/ State of Certification/ Subject Area of Your Certification/and Grade Level(s) of Certification. Example: FT- Florida-Social Studies-6-12
Include the following attachments: Updated resume with correct contact information, copy of your collegiate transcript that aligns with the teaching content where you are certified, and a copy of your valid state certification.
In the body of the email, please feel free to share whatever information is relative to your passion for education and your willingness to become certified in the state of Maryland should that be a requirement.
Resumes will be accepted until May 31, 2014. Upon receipt of your email, you will receive an emailed response including a link to StyleProfile for Teachers, a short, multiple choice test. Candidates will be contacted on overall ability to follow directions and position qualifications based on all information submitted. No phone calls or emails will be accepted on the status of application process.